Sunday, June 23, 2013

Toblerone Cereal Treats

Are you a fan of Toblerone? 


The scrumptious milk chocolate with honey and almond nougat? I love it and have since I first tried it over 20 years ago. 


This week I decided to add it to another favorite dessert, cereal treats. At first I was a little skeptical of the combination, I thought perhaps that the end result would be too sweet but I was wrong. It is perfect!



The recipe could not be any easier. 

1 cup of sugar
1 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of light Caro syrup
6 cups of Krispie Rice cereal

1 small bag of Toblerone Minis

In a sauce pan combine Caro syrup and sugar, bring to a boil and add the peanut butter. Stir until smooth and add the Krispie Rice cereal and stir until combines. Pour into 8 x 8 inch pan. 

Melt Toblerone chocolate and pour over cereal treats.

Cut and enjoy!

No comments: