Sunday, September 15, 2013

S'more Brownies

Although many are claiming Fall is in the air where I live it is still in the 90's and humid. So I thought I would drag out the taste of Summer by making some S'more Brownies!



This recipe is fast and easy, as I like most of my recipes to be. Now that is not to say that I do not enjoy the kitchen I do but for snack type desserts I prefer fast and easy. 

S'more Brownies
Inspired by The S'mores Cookbook

1 box of Ghiradelli brownies and the egg, water, oil 
2 cups of mini marshmallows
3 cups chocolate chips
2/12 cups of graham cracker cereal

Prepare brownies according to directions on the back of the box for an 8 x 8 inch pan. Line pan with tin foil that hangs over the pan at least two inches. Make sure to spray the tin foil with cooking spray.  Bake for required time and then remove from oven. Spread marshmallows over the surface and let melt. In the meantime over low heat melt the chocolate chips until creamy and smooth, add the cereal and mix. Pour the chocolate mixture over the marshmallows. Cool until the chocolate is just set and then cut and return to the refrigerator until firm. 


What do you think? These brownies are moist, crunchy, gooey and have the taste of a s'more with the added bonus of a rich chocolate brownie. I made these and gave a large pan of them to friends, a week later they are still raving about them. They loved the combination of textures and the twist on a s'more.


I hope you try these brownies as well as one of the many fabulous recipes in The S'mores Cookbook.


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

greenthumb said...

Yum, I wish I could get all the ingredients in Sydney.