Sunday, May 24, 2015

Thick Fudgy Frosted Brownies


Good morning! I hope that your week is going well. I have been baking up a storm this week, cheesecakes, cookies, a cake and these brownies. Thankfully they were all for friends otherwise all of my hard work from my walking workout would be undone. 





These brownies are the kind that I like, moist, thick, fudge and delicious. As I always mention, if you like cake like brownies then these might not be for you.

The frosting is not needed but is a nice chocolatty addition. If do not like frosting or have another favorite recipe than by all means use that instead. 



Thick Fudgy Frosted Brownies

Ingredients

1 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
1 cup flour
2 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoon coffee



Frosting

1/2 cup butter
31/2 cup confectioners
1/4 cup cocoa powder
11/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees  and grease an 8x8 inch pan.  Sift together the dry ingredients. Add the butter and vanilla, then add the eggs mixing well after each addition. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. Do not over bake.
(I like to make my brownies a little underdone that way they do not dry out as fast.)Cool on wire rack.

Melt the butter over medium heat, then add the remaining ingredients, whisking until smooth and thickened. Pour over warm brownies then let cool. 






These brownies would be a great addition to your weekend barbecue or just as a snack! I hope that you try them!









No comments: