Friday, January 8, 2016

Bailey's Frozen Hot Chocolate Cocktail



Happy 2016! It sounds strange to say that because I cannot figure out where 2015 went. I think it is as they say, time seems to go faster as I age. I actually meant to post this before the holidays were over because I thought it would be a tasty cocktail for New Years eve but I did not have the time. If you are a hot chocolate fan or a Bailey's fan both of which I am, I think you will enjoy this easy and tasty treat. 


Bailey's Frozen Hot Chocolate Cocktail
Recipe adapted from David Lebovitz

Ingredients:
3/4 cup milk, divided
1 tablespoon Dutch processed cocoa powder
4 ounces 65% chocolate chips
1 scoop vanilla ice cream 
3 tablespoons Baileys  
1 1/2 cups ice cubes
whipped cream for garnish

Directions:
In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of the milk with the cocoa powder, just until mixture begins to boil.  Remove pan from the heat, and add the chocolate chips, stirring until melted and smooth.  Set the mixture aside to cool.

In a blender, combine the cooled chocolate milk mixture, the remaining 1/4 cup milk, ice cream, Baileys, and ice cubes, then blend until completely smooth.  Divide into glasses and garnish with whipped cream. 








Enjoy! 



linking to:


Savvy Southern Style

No comments: