Monday, March 21, 2016

Nigella Lawson Guiness Stout Cake





Happy St.Patick's Day! I have been making all sorts of things this week with Guinness Stout, odd really because I do not drink beer.





In addition to these Chocolate Stout Brownies I made Nigella Lawson's Stout Cake.

It is delicious! I have to say though that I disagree with Nigela, I like to have lots of frosting, so instead of one tall cake I made layers and made my favorite Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Frosting and in the middle I used a little leftover cream cheese frosting that I had.




You can find the recipe HERE.

Have a happy day!

Linking to:
The Scoop
Ducks in a Row Wonderful wednesday
Talk of the Town
The Essence of Home

1 comment:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Last year you posted a a chocolate cupcake using beer in the recipe for St Paddy's Day. I made them and they were a hit.